Patterson Belknap recognizes the importance of environmental responsibility. This is why we have made a commitment to preserve resources and improve energy efficiency throughout the firm.
Listed below are just a few of the initiatives we have implemented, with cooperation from our building’s management, to conserve energy, recycle office products, and cut down on paper and other waste.Around the Firm
- We eliminated the sale and availability of bottled water throughout the firm and filtered water is provided instead.
- We use a Forest Stewardship Council certified printing vendor for all firm stationery, including letterhead, envelopes, and business cards as well as publications, invitations and announcements.
- We offer and encourage two-sided printing and use post-consumer recycled content paper.
- We replaced all Styrofoam products with paper and recyclable plastic products.
- We purchased recycled cotton fabric for office partition dividers and furniture.
- Sensor lights are installed in attorney offices and restrooms to minimize wasted electricity.
- Our building uses recycled paper products and environmentally friendly cleaning products.
- Our internal teams distribute documents via email whenever possible, eliminating a significant amount of paper distribution.
- We posted signage throughout the firm to encourage employees to recycle and reduce waste.
- Recycling bins are available on every floor for cans, bottles, and paper products, in addition to recycling bins next to printers, photocopiers, and office desks.
- We replaced CRT computer monitors with LCDs to reduce power consumption and last longer.
- We recycle computers, printers, and other electronic equipment.
- We use virtualization (VMware) to reduce the need for physical servers, each with their own power requirements. This saves on space and power consumption.
- We use remanufactured toner cartridges. (Cartridges are re-used rather than dumped in a landfill).
- When possible, we use videoconferencing and technological solutions to reduce travel time.
- We provide two hybrid car service options for in-town business travel when necessary.
- Our building provides bike racks for employees who choose to ride their bikes to work.
- We encourage walking and mass transit as much as possible for firm events.