Amir Badat is an Associate in the Firm's Litigation department, concentrating on complex commercial litigation matters in state and federal courts. Mr. Badat maintains an active pro bono practice and also works on election law reform and voting rights issues. From 2017 to 2018, Mr. Badat served as a law clerk to the Hon. Vernon S. Broderick of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.
Representing global medical device manufacturers in anti-fraud and civil RICO actions.
Representing manufacturer of electrical products in contract and false advertising action.
Represented news-media company in action involving access to police body-worn camera footage.
Represented global healthcare company in connection with internal investigation relating to potential compliance issues.
Pro Bono Matters
Representing clients submitting amicus briefs on various issues of national importance. These include:
- Amicus brief filed on behalf of cross-faith coalition of religious entities supporting the provision of a damages remedy under the Religious Freedom Restoration Act to persons discriminated against on the basis of religion. (Click to view brief filed in the United States Supreme Court).
- Amicus briefs filed on behalf of cross-faith coalitions of religious entities that opposed attempts to repeal DACA. (Click to view brief filed in the United States Supreme Court).
- Amicus brief Court filed on behalf of a coalition of Muslim groups that argued in favor of protecting the LGBTQ+ community from employment discrimination under Title VII. (Click to view brief filed in the United States Supreme Court).
- Amicus briefs filed on behalf of cross-faith coalitions of religious entities that opposed the federal government attempt to divert allocated funds to build a border wall. (Click to view briefs filed in the 9th Circuit, the Northern District of California and the Western District of Texas).
Representing Pakistani asylum-seeker in asylum application.
Successfully represented individual seeking restoration of security guard license by New York Department of State
New York State Bar Association Civil Rights Committee (Chair of Sub-Committee on Model Election Law); Board of Meridian Freedom Project; Advisory Board of Brooklyn Defenders Family Defense Practice.
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- New York