In the Media
Facebook Biometric Information Privacy Litigation (March 2018)
SEC Cybersecurity (February 2018)
FierceHealthcare, "SEC’s Updated Cybersecurity Guidance Could Have Implications for Healthcare M&A"
- Reuters, "U.S. SEC calls for 'clearer' cyber risk disclosure from companies"
Attias v. CareFirst (February 2018)
FierceHealthcare, "Supreme Court denies CareFirst’s petition to review data breach case"
- Law.com, "Critical Mass"
Google "Right to be Forgotten" Case (UK) (January 2018)
- Bloomberg Law Radio, "Google Faces First U.K. ‘Right to Be Forgotten’ Case (Audio)"
New York Department of Financial Services Cybersecurity Regulations (2016-2018)
American Banker, “New York Rewriting Cybersecurity Rules After Banker Pushback”
Equifax Inc. Data Breach (September-October 2017)
The Wall Street Journal, “States Push Equifax to Explain Why It Took 6 Weeks to Disclose Hack"
Bloomberg Law Radio, “Former Equifax CEO Assumes the Congressional Hot Seat”
Fox 5 News, “Equifax security breach: What you can do”
The Wall Street Journal, “Equifax Faces Bumpy Legal Terrain as Consumer Suits Mount”
Bloomberg Law Radio, “Equifax Faces Billions in Lawsuits After Data Breach”
The Washington Post, “How Equifax hackers might use your Social Security number to pretend they’re you”
Associated Press, “How to fix identity-theft issues posed by the Equifax hack”
American Banker, “Seven aftershocks of the Equifax breach: What bankers need to know”
Google Data Privacy Litigation (2017)
Bloomberg BNA, “Google Data Privacy Fight Hinges on Cloud Storage Tech”
United States v. Microsoft (September 2015 - February 2018)
Bloomberg Law, “Microsoft, U.S. Set for High Court Battle on Overseas Emails”
The New York Times, “Microsoft Wins Appeal on Overseas Data Searches”
Financial Times, “Microsoft wins battle with US over data privacy”
USA Today, “Microsoft wins appeal over U.S. email requests”
Seattle Times, " Microsoft steps up game on cybersecurity issues"
Bloomberg Business, "Microsoft Argues for Data Security in Landmark Court Appeal"
FTC v. LabMD (April 2016)
- BusinessWeek, "A Leak Wounded This Company. Fighting the Feds Finished It Off"
United States v. Apple: Encryption and the iPhone (April 2016)
- The Washington Post, " Once again, the government finds a way to crack an iPhone without Apple’s help"
Cybersecurity Information Sharing Act (October 2015)
Major League Baseball Hack (June 2015)
- Bloomberg TV, "Cybersecurity on the Ball Field"
- USA Today, "Rob Manfred Says MLB Will Not Conduct its Own Investigation of Cardinals' Alleged Hacking Scandal"
- The American Lawyer, "Cardinals, MLB Lawyer Up in Astros Hacking Probe"