Daniel Friedman is an associate in the firm's litigation department. From 2014 to 2015, Mr. Friedman served as a law clerk to the Hon. Stephen A. Higginson of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
Complex Commercial Litigation
- Obtained a declaratory judgment on behalf of a consumer healthcare company preventing a competitor from advertising in violation of a consent judgment.
- Obtained dismissal of a putative consumer class action under California law challenging a leading chocolate company’s product labels.
- Representing a leading beverage manufacturer in a putative false advertising class action involving the labeling of soft drinks.
- Defending a law firm against malpractice and breach of fiduciary duty claims stemming from its representation of a start-up.
White Collar Defense and Investigations
- Advising and representing trust company in connection with civil asset forfeiture actions and DOJ investigation.
- Representing a class of homeless youth in New York City in lawsuit against the City for failure to provide appropriate youth shelter.
- Representing a Brooklyn resident on his appeal of a criminal conviction.
- Defending a woman against defamation claim brought by her dentist after she sued him for discrimination.
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- New York
- Contributor, Antitrust Year in Review (United States), ABA Section of International Law (Spring 2016)
- Co-Author, "5 Steps for Handling an Antitrust Subpoena or CID,” Corporate Counsel (April 9, 2014); “KBR Case May Impact Internal Investigations,” Law360 (March 17, 2014)