Daniel Friedman is an associate in the Firm's Litigation department. He has experience in a wide range of complex commercial litigation matters, with a focus on intellectual property litigation, structured finance litigation, and white collar investigations. Mr. Friedman also maintains an active and varied pro bono practice. He is a regular contributor to the Firm’s Antitrust Update and Misbranded blogs and he currently serves as the Secretary of the Energy Committee of the New York City Bar Association.
From 2014 to 2015, Mr. Friedman served as a law clerk to the Hon. Stephen A. Higginson of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
Complex Commercial Litigation
- Representation of institutional investors in actions concerning the distribution of multi-billion dollar settlement payments resolving claims involving mortgage-backed securities.
- Representation of a pharmaceutical company in patent infringement action involving a biologic medication.
- Defense of a law firm against malpractice and breach of fiduciary duty claims stemming from its representation of a start-up.
- Representation of a consumer healthcare company in action involving a competitor’s advertising.
- Defense of putative consumer class actions challenging a leading chocolate company’s product labels.
- Representation of a leading beverage manufacturer in a putative false advertising class action involving the labeling of soft drinks.
White Collar Defense and Investigations
- Representation of trust company in connection with civil asset forfeiture actions and investigations conducted by the U.S. Department of Justice.
- Representation of trustee of tax-exempt organization in connection with allegations of financial misconduct.
- Representation of Maine Secretary of State in lawsuit against the Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity to enforce the Federal Advisory Committee Act.
- Representation of individuals in appeals of felony criminal convictions.
- Representation of a class of homeless youth in New York City in lawsuit against the City for failure to provide appropriate youth shelter.
- Defense of individual in defamation lawsuit.
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit; Tenth Circuit; D.C. Circuit; Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- New York
- Co-author, "The Soft Power Of Congress To Challenge Mergers," Law360 (August 1, 2017)
- Contributor, Antitrust Year in Review (United States), ABA Section of International Law (Spring 2016)
- Co-Author, "5 Steps for Handling an Antitrust Subpoena or CID,” Corporate Counsel (April 9, 2014); “KBR Case May Impact Internal Investigations,” Law360 (March 17, 2014)