18th Annual Anti-Counterfeiting & Brand Protection Conference
On Tuesday, January 24, 2017, Partner, Geoffrey Potter will present on "Best Practices for Fighting Product Diversion”. He will discuss solutions for companies whose international products are being diverted into the United States and he will review a global pharmaceutical company’s successful effort to stop its diversion problem by internally policing its own distribution chain and externally using the courts to obtain injunctions and damage against hundreds of diverters.
On Wednesday, January 25, Mr. Potter will be chairing the conference and participating in two panels. During the first panel, titled "Effective Strategies to Chase and Stop Counterfeiting Rings", the panelists will discuss:
- How to develop strategic partnerships with domestic and international law enforcement, investigative, and legal teams to locate, apprehend, and bring forward counterfeiters for prosecution
- Legal filings, protocols, and standards to uphold based upon a variety of regional jurisdictions throughout the world
- Innovative technologies that offer brands data analytics, security alerts, track & trace, and other information that can assist in stopping trademark infringement and counterfeiting
During the second panel, titled "Town Hall: Examine Your Top Burning Questions", the panelists will answer a variety of questions, including:
- How do I determine which government agencies to work with on my AC&BP matter?
- How do I develop an effective business case my C-Suite can embrace with respect to establishing, and/or further developing our company’s AC&BP departments and initiatives?
- How do I determine if our company does indeed have the capabilities and interest to pursue a counterfeiting judgement?
To learn more about the conference, click here.