Craig Newman to Present PLI Webcast on “New York’s Cybersecurity Regulation: A Global Blueprint?”
Partner Craig A. Newman will present a webcast for the Practising Law Institute entitled, "New York’s Cybersecurity Regulation: A Global Blueprint?".
Mr. Newman and co-panelists Eric M. Friedberg and Avram Kornberg will explore the New York Department of Financial Services “first-in-the-nation” cybersecurity regulation – which will affect more than 3,000 financial institutions that fall under the agency’s supervision. The controversial regulation goes into effect on March 1, 2017. The regulation has been revised in view of stiff opposition from the banking and insurance industries. The panel will discuss the proposed regulation from a legal, governance and technology perspective.
Topics to be addressed include:
- Overview of the proposed regulation
- Liability and governance implications for covered institutions and their boards
- Technology challenges to implementation
- What the regulation means for third-party service providers including law firms
- Key “takeaways” for affected financial institutions and their boards
- Eric M. Friedberg, Co-President, Stroz Friedberg LLC, New York, New York
- Avram Kornberg, Stratecution Consulting LLC, Global Technology Consultant and former Chief Information Officer/Chief Technology Officer, Texas Pacific Group
- Craig A. Newman, Partner, Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
To learn more, or to register, click here.