Peter Harvey to Present PLI Webcast on “Diversity in Law Practice: Recent Legal Developments”
Partner Peter Harvey will present a webcast for the Practising Law Institute entitled, "Diversity in Law Practice: Recent Legal Developments".
Mr. Harvey and co-speakers will address the challenges of creating an inclusive law office environment. At this year’s Diversity & Inclusion in Law Practice program, a renowned faculty of attorneys and diversity professionals will discuss significant legal developments that impact diversity, measuring diversity initiatives for accountability, and best practices for achieving a diverse law office workplace.
Topics to be addressed include:
- Recent Supreme Court decisions, legislative developments and policy initiatives that impact diversity: civil rights and religion
- Update on college/law school admissions in the wake of Fisher v. Texas
- Peter C. Harvey, Partner, Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Sania W. Khan, Assistant Attorney General, Civil Rights Bureau, NY State Office of Attorney General
- Monique Lin-Luse, Assistant Counsel, NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund
- Lorraine S. McGowen, Partner and Co-Chair of Diversity & Inclusion Initiatives, Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Professor Natalie Gomez-Velez, Professor of Law, Director, Center on Latino/a Rights and Equality (CLORE) at CUNY School of Law, CUNY School of Law
To learn more, or to register, click here.