Founder Focus Resource Center
Welcome to the Founder Focus Resource Center, where you will find unique content on topics of interest to founders and entrepreneurs and their professional advisors. A description of the full range of our legal services for founders and attorney contacts can be found here.
Founder Focus On:
- Avoiding a Trap for the Unwary: Gains from Secondary Sales Treated as Compensation
- Equity Compensation: Stock Options and Restricted Stock
- Five Situations When Founders Should Consider Engaging Their Own Legal Counsel
- Structuring a Home Purchase
- Direct Investing: Structuring Family Investments in High-Growth Companies
- Investing for Impact: Opportunities for Entrepreneurial Philanthropy
- Tax Benefits of Advance Planning
- The GRAT: A Powerful Tool for Tax-Free Wealth Transfer
- Estate Planning for Founders and Investors in Venture-backed Companies: Transfers of Qualified Small Business Stock by Gift (New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants)
Click here to subscribe to our mailing list and receive content delivered to your inbox periodically. We know your time is short and promise to keep the articles brief, informative and practical.
- 26 U.S. Code § 1202 - Partial exclusion for gain from certain small business stock (Cornell Law School, Legal Information Institute)
- 26 U.S. Code § 1045 - Rollover of gain from qualified small business stock to another qualified small business stock (Cornell Law School, Legal Information Institute)
Founder Focus Gives Back: A commitment to public service is a central principle of Patterson Belknap and the Founders & Entrepreneurs Practice Group. Our attorneys provide pro bono assistance to entrepreneurs from all backgrounds as they build their businesses. We work closely with the Volunteers of Legal Services (VOLS) Microenterprise Project, Legal Aid Society and Church Avenue Merchants Block Association (CAMBA), among others, to help entrepreneurs from underserved communities form and manage their businesses.