Gabriela Bersuder is an Associate in the Firm's Litigation department. Ms. Bersuder represents clients in false advertising class actions and complex commercial cases filed throughout the country. She also counsels clients with sensitive employment-related questions and higher-education institutions on student conduct issues and Title IX compliance.
Prior to joining the Firm, Ms. Bersuder served as a law clerk to the Hon. Christopher F. Droney of the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit and to the Hon. John G. Koeltl of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.
Representing a leading confections and snacking company in several putative consumer class actions challenging labeling statements on products.
Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a leading confections and snacking company in putative class action alleging misleading labeling of artificial flavors.
Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a leading confections and snacking company in putative class action alleging that product packaging contained unlawful “slack fill.”
Representing a leading beverage company in several cases challenging marketing of flagship products.
Advised an internet service provider in connection with a state attorney general false advertising investigation, culminating in a favorable settlement.
Represented a large publishing company in a putative class action concerning payments of royalties, culminating in a favorable settlement.
Represented a supplier of manufacturing parts in long-running commercial dispute against its counterparty, culminating in a favorable settlement.
Obtained dismissal of claims against a university brought by a faculty member alleging Title IX and Title VII discrimination.
Representing an investment firm in arbitration against a former employee alleging defamation and gender discrimination.
Representing individuals in federal court litigation challenging landlord’s racial and religious discrimination in violation of the Fair Housing Act and various state and local laws.
Prepared application on behalf of inmate in state custody seeking commutation of sentence addressedto the Governor of New York.
Prepared an amicus brief on behalf of religious organizationschallenging fetal tissue burial regulations and statute in Texas before the Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
U.S. District Court, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- Pathfinder, Leadership Council on Legal Diversity
- Board Member, Legal Services NYC Pro Bono Associate Advisory Board
- Contributor to the NY Commercial Division Blog and Misbranded Blog
- Co-author, New York Commercial Division Practice Guide, Chapter VII: Motion Practice in the Commercial Division (available on Bloomberg Law)
- Co-author, Court Confirms Hedge Funds Did Not Act In Bad Faith, Affirms Large Judgment, New York Law Journal (February 2017)
- Following on the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, 63 DUKE L.J. 199 (2013)
- Comparative Perspectives on Negotiated Justice, Warwick School of Law, No. 2013/15 (2013)