George A. LoBiondo is a litigation associate who represents clients in complex commercial disputes as well as in matters adverse to government entities. Mr. LoBiondo is also a member of the firm's Privacy and Data Security group, and maintains an active pro bono practice.
Prior to joining Patterson Belknap, Mr. LoBiondo served as a law clerk to the Hon. John F. Keenan of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.
White Collar Defense and Investigations
Investigations and representations of large companies in connection with potential allegations arising under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act; the False Claims Act; the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act; and other federal laws.
Representation of individuals in connection with investigations and potential prosecutions by the Department of Justice.
Complex Commercial Litigation
Defense of pharmaceutical companies against multiple actions brought by state attorneys general alleging antitrust, unfair trade practice, or consumer protection claims.
Representation of defendants in appeal of $85 million judgment on fraud, contract, and civil RICO claims.
Representation of an online travel booking company in breach of contract arbitration against a credit card issuer.
Privacy and Data Security
Investigation on behalf of a university into a sensitive data breach and leak of highly confidential documents.
Counsel investment advisers regarding privacy obligations under federal and state law.
Advise entities and individuals concerning potential data security vulnerabilities.
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- New York
- New Jersey
- Contributor, DataSecurityLaw.com
- Co-author, “Antitrust Enforcers Ramp Up Scrutiny of E-commerce at Home and Abroad,” Inside Counsel (July 21, 2015)
- Author, “Pulling the Trigger on Public Campaign Finance: The Contextual Approach to Analyzing Trigger Funds,” 79 Fordham L. Rev. 1743 (2011) (Feerick Award for Best Student Note)