George Soussou is an Associate in the Firm's Litigation department, where his practice focuses on patent litigation. Mr. Soussou was recognized in 2020 as a Rising Star in the New York-Metro edition of Super Lawyers.
- Defending endodontic equipment manufacturer against allegations of infringement of patents directed to designs of endodontic instruments in the District of New Mexico. Case is proceeding toward trial.
- Representing leading medical device manufacturer in assertion of a patent directed to an ultrasonic surgical device in the Southern District of Ohio. Obtained favorable claim construction ruling, grant of summary judgment of infringement and lack of non-infringing alternatives, and denial of summary judgment of invalidity. Case is proceeding toward trial.
- Defended leading medical device manufacturer against allegations of infringement of patents directed to advanced bipolar RF electrosurgical devices in the District of Massachusetts. Obtained favorable claim construction ruling. Obtained ruling from Court that accused products did not infringe any of the patents-in-suit.
- Defended leading consumer electronics manufacturer against allegations of infringement of patents directed to data communications and the transmission of signals in the District of Delaware. Obtained favorable settlement for client.
- Represented corporation in connection with investigation of allegations of employment discrimination.
- Defended AmLaw 100 firm against claims of fraud asserted by a former adversary in a prior litigation. Obtained dismissal of all claims via motion to dismiss.
- Represented leading animal-health company against false advertisements claiming inferiority of dairy products from cows treated with company’s supplement. Obtained nationwide preliminary injunction.
- Representing a group of nursing home residents in the Eastern District of New York challenging constitutional and statutory violations in the administration of the Nursing Home Transition and Diversion Waiver Program by the New York State Department of Health and its contractor. Case is proceeding to trial.
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- Co-Author, "Federal Circuit: HP Not Estopped from Challenging Claims Deemed Unchallengeable in IPR That It Had Joined" Law Journal Newsletters, The Intellectual Property Strategist, (November 2020)
- Editor and Contributing Author, "Domestic Privacy Profile: New York," Bloomberg Law (June, 18, 2018)
- Co-Author, "A Brief History of Blockchain," Legaltech News (May 14, 2018)
- "Terror in the United States: How the Terrorist Attacks of September 11th Impacted the Patent System in Addition to the National Security of the United States of America," 44 AIPLA Q.J. 111 (2016)