Helen O’Reilly is an associate in the firm’s litigation department. From 2012 to 2013, Ms. O’Reilly served as a law clerk to the Hon. John Gleeson of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York, and from 2011 to 2012, she served as a law clerk to the Hon. Barrington Parker of the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
Advise corporate and not-for-profit clients on employment issues including employment and separation agreements, employee handbooks, independent contractor status, intern status, sexual harassment and misconduct investigations, social media issues, and wage and hour law compliance.
Defend a large transportation company in a putative Fair Labor Standards Act collective action and class action.
Represent a leading not-for-profit organization in an internal investigation relating to discrimination and retaliation.
Advise a large educational not-for-profit client on employment implications of business reorganization.
Defend a leading foundation in putative Alien Tort Statute complaint.
Represent financial guaranty insurers in breach of contract and fraud actions concerning residential mortgage-backed securities.
Represent major pharmaceutical company in ANDA litigation, resulting in successful resolution following trial.
Chair of the Programs Committee on the Task Force on Mass Incarceration at the NYC Bar Association.
Represent a federal inmate in a federal clemency petition.
Represent small not-for-profits in re-drafting employee Handbooks.
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- New York
MEMBERSHIPS: New York State Bar Association; Federal Bar Council; New York City Bar Association (Member, Criminal Law Committee); Queens County Bar Association; New York American Inn of Court (2015 – present)
- Contributor to DataSecurityLaw.com
- Co-Author, "Mass Incarceration: Seizing the Moment for Reform," New York City Bar Association Report (September 2015)
- Co-Author, "Unpacking the Employment Implications of Comcast Corp. v. Behrend: The Second Circuit Prepares to Dive In," Inside, Spring/Summer 2014, Vol. 32, No. 1, New York State Bar Association
- Author, "Clarifying the Domestic Worker Bill: A guide for Lawmakers," Visayan Forum Foundation (2008)
- "Back to School: Education Guide for Youth Coming out of Detention and Custodial Care," Advocates for Children of New York and the Juvenile Justice Coalition (2006)