Jacqueline Bonneau is an associate in the Firm's Litigation department. Her practice focuses on complex commercial litigation, white collar defense and internal investigations, and employment law. She shares the Firm’s commitment to pro bono service. From 2012 to 2014, Ms. Bonneau served as a law clerk to the Hon. Janet Bond Arterton of the United States District Court for the District of Connecticut.
White Collar Defense and Investigations
Investigations and representations of corporations in connection with potential allegations arising under the Sherman Act; the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act; the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act; and other federal laws.
Representation of corporations in connection with investigations by state attorneys general.
Representation of individuals in connection with potential allegations arising under federal securities law.
Defense of employers in internal investigations related to discrimination and retaliation complaints.
Representing a home health care agency in connection with a putative wage and hour class action.
Complex Commercial Litigation
Representing financial guaranty insurers bringing claims in state court against investment banks that sponsored and originated residential mortgage-backed securities.
Represented pet food manufacturer in a case involving false advertising claims.
With Firm colleagues and co-counsel, represents a group of nursing home residents challenging constitutional and statutory violations in the administration of the Nursing Home Transition and Diversion Waiver Program by the New York State Department of Health and its contractor.
With firm colleagues, assisted in developing the National Center for Access to Justice - 2016 Justice Index, an online resource that scores states on the adoption of best practices for ensuring access to justice.
Representing a military veteran in connection with an application for a discharge upgrade.
- U.S. District Court, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- New York
- Contributor to www.SecondCircuitBlog.com
- Co-author, "The Supreme Court's Criminal Law Decisions In 2018," Business Crimes Bulletin (November 2, 2018)
- Co-author, Two-Part Article for Business Crimes Bulletin on Disproportionate Asset Forfeitures
Part 1: "Challenging Disproportionate Forfeitures," May 2, 2018
Part 2: "Addressing Disproportionate Forfeitures: Refining The Bajakajian Analysis," June 6, 2018
- Co-author, "In Rare Ruling Vacating Sentence as Procedurally, Substantively Unreasonable, Second Circuit Expounds on the Role of Mercy," Bloomberg BNA's White Collar Crime Report (January 10, 2018)
- Co-author, "Supreme Court Unanimously Holds SEC Disgorgement Is Subject to Five-Year Limitations Period," Bloomberg BNA's White Collar Crime Report (June 9, 2017)
- Note, "Combating Foreign Bribery: Legislative Reform in the United Kingdom and Prospects for Increased Global Enforcement," 49 Columbia Journal of Transnational Law 365 (2011)