Jason Polevoy is Counsel in the firm's Real Estate department. He has extensive experience in all aspects of complex commercial real estate, including development, sales and acquisitions, joint ventures, financing, restructurings and workouts, and office and retail leasing. Jason also has significant experience in connection with hotel management agreements, architect agreements and construction agreements. He has represented investors and developers, and office building, residential and hotel owners.
- Representing clients in connection with acquisitions and dispositions of office buildings in New York City and nationally.
- Representing landlords and tenants in connection with office, retail and restaurant leases and subleases in New York City and nationally.
- Representing a national apartment REIT in connection with: ground lease of development site in Manhattan and related acquisitions of development rights; acquisition of development site in Brooklyn.
- Representing client in the acquisition of a 520-unit apartment complex in Montgomery, AL for $21.7 million and related acquisition loan and joint venture.
- Representing client in connection with formation of an $85 million joint venture for the acquisition of multi-family properties.
- Representing owners in connection with equity and debt refinancings.
- Representing lenders in connection with mortgage and mezzanine loans.
- Representing owner in connection with a construction loan for the development of a condominium hotel in Miami Beach, Florida.
- Representing client in connection with sale of a majority partnership interest in New York City apartment tower.
- Representing an international hotel company in connection with the acquisition and financing of a luxury hotel in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- Representing a national hotel company in connection with the acquisition of a development site in Los Angeles, California.
- Representing client in the formation of a real estate fund to provide mortgage and mezzanine financing for commercial and residential properties.
- Representing investor in joint venture for condominium redevelopment in downtown Manhattan.
- Representing one of the largest U.S. building supply companies in connection with national real estate acquisitions, sales and leases.
- New York
MEMBERSHIPS: American Bar Association; New York State Bar Association (Real Property Law Section and Commercial Leasing Committee); New York City Bar Association (Real Property Law Committee).
SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS: Presenter, “Commercial Real Estate Law: The Basics & Beyond,” New York City Bar CLE program (May 8, 2017); Presenter, “Real Attachments: An In-Depth Look at Commercial Lease Exhibits,” New York City Bar CLE program (January 25, 2017); Chair and Presenter, “Joint Venture Agreements: Key Issues,” New York City Bar CLE program (May 11, 2016).
- Contributing Author to Lexis Practice Advisor - Real Estate.