Jonathan (Yoni) Schenker represents and advises clients on a variety of matters, including high-stakes financial products and transactions litigation and other complex commercial litigation, data privacy and cybersecurity issues, and white collar defense and internal investigations.
From 2016 to 2017, Mr. Schenker served as a law clerk to the Hon. Beverly B. Martin of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit. From 2015 to 2016, he served as a law clerk to the Hon. Kevin McNulty of the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey. Prior to joining the Firm, Mr. Schenker practiced at a large New York law firm.
Complex Financial Products and Transactions Litigation and Advice
- Litigate RMBS breach of representations and warranties case through $1.84 billion settlement a month into trial, including devising trial strategy, preparing expert witnesses for several days of direct, cross, and re-direct examination as well as depositions, deposing expert witnesses and preparing for their cross examinations, and drafting motions, trial scripts, stipulations, and trial demonstratives.
- Advise asset manager and commercial real estate business and legal teams on collateralized loan obligation litigation risks, SPAC litigation and SEC scrutiny, crypto disputes, and litigation risks in potential investments.
White Collar Defense and Investigations
- Investigate a multi-national healthcare company in connection with potential allegations arising under the False Claims Act and state whistleblower laws.
- Represent individuals subject to investigation and potential prosecution or fine by the Department of Justice, the Securities and Exchange Commission, and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority.
- Perform FCPA due diligence for corporate acquisition.
Complex Commercial Litigation
- Represent a global medical device manufacturer in anti-diversion action, pursuing claims for trademark infringement and fraud.
- Represent the Firm’s Art, Tax-Exempt Organization, and Real Estate clients in commercial disputes.
- Defend a media company against allegations of trademark infringement.
- Prevent publication of the trade secrets of a multi-national healthcare company.
Privacy and Data Security
- Advise clients regarding their obligations under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and perform CCPA due diligence for corporate acquisitions.
- Investigate data breaches and advise clients of their reporting requirements under both federal and state law.
- Prepare third-party and vendor data security agreements to comply with the New York Department of Financial Services Cybersecurity Regulation and the CCPA.
- Draft a Supreme Court amicus brief for a union client that was cited by a Justice in her dissent.
- Draft a Supreme Court amicus brief on behalf of a law association.
- Represent an incarcerated person in a clemency petition.
- Represent client in reinstating terminated Section 8 housing benefits.
- Represent a veteran in a discharge upgrade petition.
- Co-chair Associates’ Campaign at the Firm for the Legal Aid Society.
- New York