Jonathan (Yoni) Schenker advises clients on data privacy and cybersecurity matters, represents clients in complex commercial disputes, and provides clients with white collar defense and internal investigations.
From 2016 to 2017, Mr. Schenker served as a law clerk to the Hon. Beverly B. Martin of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit. From 2015 to 2016, he served as a law clerk to the Hon. Kevin McNulty of the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey. Prior to joining the Firm, Mr. Schenker practiced at a large New York law firm.
Privacy and Data Security
- Advise clients regarding their obligations under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Investigate data breaches and advise clients of their reporting requirements under both federal and state law.
- Prepare third-party and vendor data security agreements to comply with the New York Department of Financial Services Cybersecurity Regulation.
Complex Commercial Litigation
- Represent a financial guarantor in mortgage-backed securities litigation.
- Represent a global medical device manufacturer in anti-diversion action, pursuing claims for trademark infringement and fraud.
- Represent the Firm’s Art, Tax-Exempt Organization, and Real Estate clients in commercial disputes.
- Defend a media company against allegations of trademark infringement.
- Prevent the publication of the trade secrets of a large healthcare company.
White Collar Defense and Investigations
- Investigate a large company in connection with potential allegations arising under the False Claims Act and state whistleblower laws.
- Represent individuals subject to investigation and potential prosecution or fine by the Department of Justice, the Securities and Exchange Commission, and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority.
- Draft a Supreme Court amicus brief for a union client that was cited by the dissenting opinion.
- Draft a Supreme Court amicus brief on behalf of a law association.
- Represent a veteran in a discharge upgrade petition.
- Co-chair Associates’ Campaign at the Firm for the Legal Aid Society.
- New York