Jordan Engelhardt is an associate in the firm's Litigation department, where he represents clients in complex commercial litigation, including disputes related to structured finance and securities, as well as intellectual property litigation and investigations. Mr. Engelhardt also shares the firm’s commitment to pro bono, with a particular interest in children’s rights.
Representing a major pharmaceutical company in an ANDA action involving challenges to patents covering a combination drug treatment for HIV.
Structured Finance Litigation
Represented financial guarantors in complex contract and fraud actions against sponsors and underwriters of residential mortgage-backed securities leading to over $1 billion recouped through out-of-court settlements.
Represented a private equity firm pursuing rights and remedies against a mortgage servicer and related entities under transaction documents governing a complex structured finance transaction.
Obtained dismissal upheld on appeal of a putative shareholder class action alleging violations of federal securities laws against an officer of a public company.
Law Firm Defense
Defended a global firm against malpractice claims in connection with an acquisition of a closely held corporation.
Conducted an FCPA investigation on behalf of a company with global operations regarding potential payments to foreign officials and conflicts of interest with contractors.
Obtained permanent resident status as a Special Immigrant Juvenile for an unaccompanied minor who had suffered abuse and neglect in her home country.
Secured a class action settlement for a class of children in foster care providing substantial reforms to ensure that children do not languish in psychiatric hospitals longer than medically necessary and recovered individual monetary awards for named class representatives.
Representing a defendant-appellant in an appeal to the New York Supreme Court Appellate Term of a misdemeanor criminal conviction.
Representing preservationists in ongoing efforts to prevent removal of historic properties from consideration for landmark protection.
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- New York
- MEMBERSHIPS: New York City Bar Association - Securities Litigation Committee (Sep. 2015 - Aug. 2018 term)
- HONORS: Recipient, Legal Aid Society, Pro Bono Publico Awards (2010-2013)
- SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS: Presenter, The Legal Aid Society Bronx Juvenile Rights Practice Deposition Training, CLE Event (June 17, 2016); Presenter, “The Financial Reporting and Audit Task Force – The SEC Goes Back to the Future,” New York City Bar CLE Event (April 6, 2016)