Julie Simeone is an Associate in the Firm's Litigation department where her practice focuses on intellectual property matters and false advertising litigation. Prior to joining the Firm, Ms. Simeone practiced at a large New York law firm for approximately two years. From 2016 to 2017, Ms. Simeone served as a law clerk to the Hon. Eric N. Vitaliano of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York.
Represented media organization in submission to the United States Patent and Trademark Office regarding copyright law and artificial intelligence.
Represented software company in civil trial involving claims for unfair competition and misappropriation of idea. Obtained a successful damages verdict.
Represented major book publisher and retailer in copyright infringement action. Obtained a favorable jury verdict.
Represented major book publisher and retailer in damages trial in a patent litigation.
Represented technology start-up in suit against competitor for trademark infringement resulting in favorable settlement.
Representing a medical device company against claims of false advertising and unfair competition.
Representing an endodontic-equipment manufacturer in a patent infringement action.
Representing a data company in trademark dispute with competitor.
Representing a Marine Corps veteran in connection with an application for a discharge upgrade before the Naval Discharge Review Board.
Successfully represented client to challenge inclusion in New York State’s Central Register for child abuse and neglect.
Representing member of now-disbanded Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity in an ongoing lawsuit to obtain documents from the Commission.
- U.S. District Court, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- New York
- Outstanding Work and Dedicated Pro Bono Service to the New York County Lawyers Association (2018)
- Pay Equity Update, Employment Law & Employee Benefits CLE Series (October 10, 2019)
- Ethics in the Employment Law Context, Employment Law & Employee Benefits CLE Series (October 16, 2018)
- Contributor to Misbranded: The Food/Drug/Cosmetic False Advertising Blog
- Contributor to New York Patents Decisions Blog
- Co-author, Licensee May Bring Infringement Suit, For Now, The Licensing Journal, Vol. 39, No. 10 (November/December 2019)
- Co-Author, Cybersecurity Governance: A Guide for Corporate Officers, Directors and General Counsel, Bloomberg Law’s Privacy & Data Security Practice Portfolio Series (May 2019)
- "Not So Legitimate: Why Courts Should Reject an Administrative Approach to the Routine Booking Exception," 89 N.Y.U. L. Rev. 1454 (2014)