Julie Simeone is an associate in the Firm's Litigation department. From 2016 to 2017, Ms. Simeone served as a law clerk to the Hon. Eric N. Vitaliano of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York. Prior to joining the Firm, Ms. Simeone practiced at a large New York law firm for approximately two years.
Represented software company in civil trial involving claims for unfair competition and misappropriation of idea. Obtained a successful damages verdict.
Represented major book publisher and retailer in copyright infringement action. Obtained a favorable jury verdict.
Represented major book publisher and retailer in damages trial in a patent litigation.
Represented technology start-up in suit against competitor for trademark infringement resulting in favorable settlement.
Representing a medical device company against claims of false advertising and unfair competition.
Representing an endodontic-equipment manufacturer in a patent infringement action.
Successfully represented client to challenge inclusion in New York State’s Central Register for child abuse and neglect.
- U.S. District Court, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- New York
- Co-Author, Cybersecurity Governance: A Guide for Corporate Officers, Directors and General Counsel, Bloomberg Law’s Privacy & Data Security Practice Portfolio Series (May 2019)
- Contributor to Misbranded: The Food/Drug/Cosmetic False Advertising Blog
- Contributor to New York Patents Decisions Blog
- "Not So Legitimate: Why Courts Should Reject an Administrative Approach to the Routine Booking Exception," 89 N.Y.U. L. Rev. 1454 (2014)