Kerri Alessi practices real estate law, concentrating in the representation of both landlords and tenants in commercial leasing transactions, commercial real estate financing and the acquisition and disposition of commercial real property. Her experience includes negotiating all aspects of lease transactions, as well as subleases, management agreements, brokerage agreements, surrender agreements, telecommunications agreements, construction agreements, access and license agreements and other transactional real estate matters. In addition, Ms. Alessi devotes time to pro bono projects and has been honored for her pro bono legal work by Legal Services for New York City.
- Represented the owners of 501 Madison Avenue in connection with the redevelopment of the property, including obtaining financing for the redevelopment costs and creating a tenants-in-common ownership structure which was nominated for the 2014 Real Estate Board of New York’s “Most Ingenious Deal of the Year award”.
- Represented the owner of 677 Fifth Avenue, New York, New York, in connection with the lease of the ground, second, third, fourth and fifth floors of 677 Fifth Avenue to Microsoft Corporation for use by Microsoft as its flagship store. The deal was nominated for the 2014 Real Estate Board of New York’s “Retail Deal of the Year awards”.
- Represented the building owner and majority-owner and controlling shareholder in the master lease of the retail space at 650 Fifth Avenue. The initial lease of 30,000 square feet was recognized with the 2013 Real Estate Board of New York’s “Robert T. Lawrence award”.
- Successfully negotiated sale transaction for the sale of a property on East 79th Street that housed the Hunter School of Social Work (recognized with the 2009 Real Estate Board of New York’s “Most Ingenious Deal of the Year award”)
- Represented the building landlord in the leasing of one of the world’s largest H&M stores, a 57,000 square foot complex located at Fifth Avenue and 48th Street
- Represented an international institute for private-public cooperation in connection with its new office lease for two full floors (with options for two additional floors) in the Building located as 350 Madison Avenue, New York, NY, for approximately 39,000 square feet.
- Represented the seller in connection with the $62 million sale of a building located at 311 West 43rd Street
- Represented a major hospital center in connection with the sale of 432-34 West 58th Street, New York, New York, to an international school in Manhattan.
- Represented an investment company in the sale of 576 Fifth Avenue, a 72,000 square foot boutique multi-tenant office building leasehold on the corner of Fifth Avenue and 47th Street in Midtown Manhattan
- Represented affiliates of a New York real estate management firm in connection with the sale of The Craftsman Building, 6 East 39th Street
- Represented an owner in the acquisition of the office building at 11 West 19th Street for $87 million and a contemporaneous $62.5 million financing with The Bank of New York.
- Represented the owner of a prime New York City office in a lease of 240,000 square feet to a major publishing company.
- Represented a New York City developer/owner in its Manhattan office and retail leasing program.
- Represented a well-known developer/owner in the disposition of several Manhattan real estate properties involving like-kind exchanges.
- Represented a ground lessee in the termination of a ground lease and simultaneous space lease of 3 floors in a New York City building.
- Represented a New York City building owner in connection with the lease of an entire building to WeWork.
- New York
- MEMBER: New York State Bar Association, American Bar Association
- Recognized as a “Rising Star” at Advanced Commercial Leasing Institute at Georgetown University Law Center (2009); Participant (by invitation only) 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019.