Matthew B. Weiss is an Associate in the Firm’s Litigation department. He has experience in patent, trade secret, and contract disputes. Mr. Weiss has represented clients in numerous federal district courts, the International Trade Commission (ITC), and the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB). His experience covers an array of technologies including medical devices, biological products, adhesives, polymeric materials, manufacturing and mining processes, telecommunications, electrical cables, radar, hospital sterilization systems, and light-emitting diodes.
- Defending leading medical device manufacturer against allegations of infringement of multiple patents. (Western District of Texas/Patent Trial and Appeal Board) Case is proceeding toward trial.
- Represented major pharmaceutical company in proceedings involving a recombinant DNA vector patent. (Southern District of New York)
- Represented major manufacturer of shielded electrical ribbon cables in connection with enforcement of a patent concerning high-speed server cables. (United States International Trade Commission)
- Defended leading manufacturer of adhesives against allegations of patent infringement involving patent to sprayable adhesive system. (Western District of Washington/Patent Trial and Appeal Board)
- Defended major provider of telecommunications technologies in proceedings involving approximately a dozen patents related to communication technology for the deaf and hard of hearing. (Western District of Wisconsin/Patent Trial and Appeal Board)
- New York