Our interdisciplinary media, entertainment and sports team includes key members of our White Collar Defense and Investigations practice, with experience handling highly sensitive internal and government investigations in these industries. This work includes:
- Internal investigation on behalf of a professional sports league of allegations that a player gambled on league games and “fixed” games in which he played. The investigation included review and analysis of sports betting data, social media, public data, and court filings, as well as in-person and virtual interviews. The investigation found no evidence supporting the allegations and closed the matter.
- Represented a Fortune 500 financial information and analytics company in an investigation of corporate espionage.
- Represented a professional sports league in an investigation of and issuance of a report concerning allegations made by a member team that a rival team violated the league's anti-tampering rules.
- Represented a major record company in investigation of “payola” by the New York Attorney General, culminating in settlement.
- Reviewed existing contracts and conducted internal review of certain practices engaged in by former and existing employees of a professional league’s Retired Players Association.
- Represented a major media company in investigation by New York Attorney General of whether client’s service aided and abetted insider trading.
- Conducted numerous internal investigations for major media companies, including investigations into various allegations of wrongdoing, misappropriations and commercial failures.
- Represented a major media organization in a state Attorney General antitrust investigation.
- Represented sports association in connection with an internal hearing concerning alleged violation of association's rules by members, and subsequent litigation.