Our interdisciplinary media, entertainment and sports team includes key members of our White Collar Defense and Investigations practice, with experience handling highly sensitive internal and government investigations in these industries. This work includes:
- Represented a Fortune 500 financial information and analytics company in an investigation of corporate espionage.
- Represented a professional sports league in an investigation of and issuance of a report concerning allegations made by a member team that a rival team violated the league's anti-tampering rules.
- Represented a major record company in investigation of “payola” by the New York Attorney General, culminating in settlement.
- Reviewed existing contracts and conducted internal review of certain practices engaged in by former and existing employees of a professional league’s Retired Players Association.
- Represented a major media company in investigation by New York Attorney General of whether client’s service aided and abetted insider trading.
- Conducted numerous internal investigations for major media companies, including investigations into various allegations of wrongdoing, misappropriations and commercial failures.
- Represented a major media organization in a state Attorney General antitrust investigation.
- Represented sports association in connection with an internal hearing concerning alleged violation of association's rules by members, and subsequent litigation.