Peter Vogel is an Associate in the Firm's Litigation department. From 2020 to 2021, Mr. Vogel served as a law clerk to the Hon. James A. Wynn Jr. of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit. From 2019 to 2020, he served as a law clerk to the Hon. Loretta C. Biggs of the United States District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina.
- Defended publisher against a corporate executive alleging defamation and tortious interference with contract. Obtained dismissal of all claims.
- Represented pharmaceutical manufacturer in a contract dispute related to the COVID-19 vaccine. Obtained favorable settlement in runup to arbitral hearing.
- Pursuing breach of contract and fiduciary duty claims against an RMBS trustee on behalf of a monoline insurer.
- Defending financial services provider in putative false-advertising class action concerning debit card fraud.
- Conducted an investigation into an Arizona charity regarding the alleged misuse of grant funds.
- Assisted a New York not-for-profit corporation with the development of a new employee handbook.
- Representing asylum-seekers in federal court and in asylum interviews. Successfully resolved lawsuit alleging the federal government unlawfully delayed in scheduling asylum interview.
- Drafted a Supreme Court amicus brief challenging the validity of the independent state legislature doctrine on behalf of voting rights organization.
- New York
- North Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of North Carolina