Our recent experience includes the representation of:
- A worldwide provider of legal services in a consumer class action lawsuit under the California Consumer Privacy Act in the Central District of California.
- A Fortune 500 company in connection with a data breach resulting from a malware attack.
- A university in connection with a data breach that resulted in hundreds of highly-confidential documents being leaked to a local newspaper and stories being run on the basis of the leaked materials.
- A global legal services company in connection with a ransomware attack.
- A sports-related organization in connection with investigation and remediation of a data breach.
- A philanthropic foundation in connection with a data breach and investigation relating to a lost storage device.
- The board of directors of a leading hospitality company in a shareholders’ derivative action in federal court over a series of security breaches.
- Asset managers and investment advisers in responding to the SEC’s 2015 Cyber Risk Alert.
- Hedge funds in establishing and implementing overall data security plans.
- A financial services entity in a litigation involving allegations of corporate espionage and trade secret misappropriation.
- Multiple clients in applications to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security for designation of anti-terrorism technologies, including cybersecurity programs, under the Support Anti-Terrorism by Fostering Effective Technologies (SAFETY) Act.
- Financial institutions, insurers, and other companies regarding implementation and ongoing compliance with the New York DFS Cybersecurity Regulation.