As counsel to numerous cultural, religious and educational institutions, foundations and not-for-profit entities, Patterson Belknap has assisted in the development of institutional and cultural facilities in Manhattan and throughout the country. We regularly counsel museums, foundations, universities, hospitals and other organizations in the expansion and redevelopment of their facilities and in leasing of space necessary to carry out their missions.
For community and cultural organizations, members of our real estate group recently:
- Represented a major modern art museum in its expansion, handling all architects and construction contracts as well as similar agreements for the construction of a temporary facility in Long Island City.
- Represented a museum and scholarly research center in the redevelopment of its landmark property.
- Represented a major New York hospital in the sale of a Fifth Avenue building.
- Represented a major Long Island museum in its relocation.
- Represented a non-profit conservation organization in its acquisition of 10,000 square miles of land in South America.