Robin Krause is a Partner in the Firm’s Tax-Exempt Organizations department. Ms. Krause has extensive experience in the representation of public charities, private foundations, and other 501(c) organizations including social welfare organizations and trade associations. Her practice focuses on governance and tax matters, international grantmaking and operations, program-related investing, donor-advised funds, and state and federal regulatory matters. Ms. Krause also has facilitated Board reviews of governance and accountability issues, provides training on lobbying activities for public charities and private foundations, and advises investment and audit committees on current issues.
Ms. Krause also advises individuals and corporations on charitable giving and philanthropic planning and represents a number of corporate foundations.
Ms. Krause serves as the Co-Chair of the Private Foundations Subcommittee of the Exempt Organizations section of the American Bar Association and has served as a member of the Advisory Board of the National Center of Philanthropy and the Law at New York University. She has served on the Advisory Boards for Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors Guide to Mission Related Investing and Foundation Strategy Group’s Initiative on the Law of Mission Related Investing and is a member of the Board of Directors of MyFace and of the Mertz Gilmore Foundation. She lectures regularly and her speaking engagements include:
- Georgetown Law Representing and Managing Tax-Exempt Organizations (2022: Fiduciary Issues in Investments)
- NYC Bar Association (Alternatives to Private Foundations: Donor Advised Funds)
- Collaborative Strategies and Achieving Charitable Impact (2019)
- Advancing Foundation Archives, Advocacy, Strategies and Solutions (June 2019)
- King Badouin Foundation United States (May 2019: Tax-Efficient Giving in the United States)
- University of Texas at Austin School of Law Nonprofit Organizations Institute (2018: Disaster Relief: What a Nonprofit Needs to Know When Disaster Hits Your Community)
- Ford Foundation and New York City Department of Cultural Affairs (2017: Arts and Advocacy: Navigating Lobbying, Political Activity and the First Amendment in 2017 – Lobbying and Political Activity: Best Practices for NonProfits)
- New York
MEMBERSHIPS: ABA co-chair of private foundation; Director and Secretary, Mertz Gilmore Foundation; Director, MyFace; adv board of the National center of philanthropy 2013-2016