Below are representative antitrust matters for Mr. Cavanaugh.
- Representing a contact lens manufacturer in the defense of an antitrust lawsuit brought by a discount retailer alleging anticompetitive pricing. Also defending our client in follow-on consumer class action suits that have arisen over the alleged price-fixing of contact lenses.
- Secured summary judgment for chocolate maker in antitrust price fixing case. The Third Circuit affirmed the decision.
- Defended a major pharmaceutical company in federal multidistrict class and individual actions, and state class actions, arising from allegedly anti-competitive pricing in the brand name prescription pharmaceutical market. The district court granted summary judgment and the Second Circuit affirmed the decision.
- Secured directed verdict on behalf of large U.S. pharmaceutical manufacturer in multi-defendant Sherman Act class action trial and argued appeal before Seventh Circuit on behalf of all manufacturers.
- Defended pharmaceutical company in antitrust jury trial involving four different plaintiff groups arising out of ANDA patent litigation and product "switching."
- Represented plaintiff in antitrust action involving alleged tying agreements for cancer drugs, including one week bench trial on preliminary injunction.
- Defending major financial institution in ongoing antitrust litigations involving network services for credit and debit cards, and ATM fees.
- Defended pharmaceutical company in antitrust cases arising out of ANDA patent litigation.
- Advised corporate and trade group clients on a wide range of antitrust issues, including distribution rights, resale pricing, promotional programs and information exchanges.