Below are representative intellectual property matters for Mr. Cavanaugh.
- Obtained judgment of non-infringement in favor of multinational software company in a multi-patent case relating to communication encryption technology. The Federal Circuit affirmed the decision.
- Secured judgment for plaintiff following bench trials on validity and inequitable conduct against ANDA applicant for drug selling $4 billion annually.
- Secured judgment for plaintiff following jury trial on patent validity and bench trial on inequitable conduct; case settled for $157.5 million.
- Jury verdict in favor of brand name pharmaceutical manufacturer in patent infringement case against ANDA applicant.
- Representing brand name drug manufacturer in multiple patent infringement case against ANDA and 505b(2) applicants.
- Defending brand name drug manufacturer in patent lawsuit brought by principal competitor.
- Defending surgical device manufacturer in patent lawsuit brought by competitor.
- Represented plaintiff in back-to-back jury verdicts of $325 million and $271 million in patent infringement actions against two competitors of medical device company.
- Defense verdict in patent infringement jury trial involving defendant's coronary stents.
- Secured six-figure settlement from competitor pharmaceutical manufacturer based on damage claim stemming from preliminary injunction which delayed client’s introduction of new product.