Benefits & Flexible Work Arrangements
The firm offers a broad range of benefits, including the following:
- We have a Flexible Work Arrangements Committee that supports and discusses issues associated with attorneys who work part-time or flex schedules
- Our parental leave policy guarantees 18 weeks paid time off for a new primary parental caregiver and guarantees four weeks paid time off to a new non-primary parental caregiver
- Comprehensive medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Accidental/injury insurance
- Disability insurance
- Domestic partnership benefits
- Flexible spending accounts that enable payment of non-reimbursable medical and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars
- Access to discounted home and auto insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Reimbursement for professional expenses such as a bar review course, the bar exam fee, biennial registration fee and bar association dues
- Annual technology allowance that can be used for a variety of benefits such as smart phones, Internet service, and the like
- Ability to purchase MetroCards or TransitCheks for transportation to and from work with pre-tax dollars
- Moving allowance for physical moving expenses
- Access to emergency child care services
- Participation in the firm's Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential counseling by independent professionals to firm personnel and members of their immediate family
- 20 vacation days, 10 holidays and 2 personal days annually
Child Care and Other Leave
The firm provides leave of absence programs that, in most instances, are more generous than the requirements mandated by the Family and Medical Leave Act. These include disability leave, leave to care for a family member with a serious health condition and child care leave, including paid paternity leave. At its discretion, the firm may provide leave for other matters such as public service or education.
The firm offers salaries competitive with other major firms. The starting salary for our first year associates is $180,000.
Patterson Belknap follows a year-round business casual dress policy. Attorneys wear business attire for appropriate occasions, such as court appearances and client meetings.