Benefits & Flexible Work Arrangements
The Firm offers a broad range of benefits to associates, including the following:
- Our parental leave policy provides 22 weeks paid time off for all new parents
- Our flexible work arrangements policy permits an attorney in good standing to work a flexible schedule in order to care for a family member or to attend to other family responsibilities. The Firm grants requests for flexible work arrangements with a reduced-hours schedule of 80% or higher as a matter of course.
- Our remote work policy allows attorneys to work remotely from time to time in order to provide important flexibility
- Comprehensive medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Accidental/injury insurance
- Disability insurance
- Domestic partnership benefits
- Flexible spending accounts that enable payment of non-reimbursable medical and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars
- Subsidized ClassPass membership
- Lactation Room with a hospital-grade pump
- Access to discounted home and auto insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Reimbursement for professional expenses such as a bar review course, the bar exam fee, biennial registration fee and bar association dues
- Annual technology allowance that can be used for a variety of benefits such as smart phones, tablet devices, and the like
- Ability to purchase MetroCards or TransitCheks for transportation to and from work with pre-tax dollars
- Moving allowance for physical moving expenses
- Access to emergency child care services
- Participation in the Firm's Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential counseling by independent professionals to Firm personnel and members of their immediate family
- 20 vacation days, 10 holidays and 2 personal days annually
The Firm offers salaries competitive with other major firms. The starting salary for our first year associates is $190,000.
The Firm offers Judicial Clerks a one-time clerkship bonus of $80,000 for one qualifying clerkship and $100,000 for two or more consecutive qualifying clerkships.
Child Care and Other Leave
The Firm provides leave of absence programs that, in most instances, are more generous than the requirements mandated by the Family and Medical Leave Act. These include disability leave, leave to care for a family member with a serious health condition and child care leave. At its discretion, the Firm may provide leave for other matters such as public service or education.
Patterson Belknap follows a business casual dress policy Monday through Thursday and a casual dress policy on Friday. Attorneys wear business attire for appropriate occasions, such as court appearances and client meetings.